August 17, 2007

I Can't Focus

There just aren't enough hours in the day. I know setting time aside to tap is important, but I have trouble focusing on my tapping. When I sit down to tap I have a million thoughts running through my head. What can I do to focus on the task at hand?

This is a common problem. We know we need to take care of ourselves, but we don't think we have the time to do it. Some how we keep adding more and more responsibilities to our days.

But we HAVE to find time to take of ourselves. When we don't take care of ourselves we become less effective (and often sick), which puts us even farther behind.

I encourage all my clients to take some time, every time, to focus before they start tapping. I know when I do this I am less distracted, more focused on the task at hand, and I am more likely to spend more time tapping.

Usually I recommend they address a few areas before tapping:

1) Dealing with any resistance to believing EFT works

EFT seems so weird

How is it possible that tapping on my face and body is going to help me emotionally

If my friends saw me now, the would think I have lost my mind

But tapping has worked in the past

It does make me feel better

And it only takes a few minutes of time

Even if the tapping has nothing to do with it, by taking sometime for myself that is good for me


2) Dealing with a cluttered over busy mind

I have a million thoughts running through my head

There are so many things that need to be done

My thoughts are running a million miles a second

But I choose to know that I can focus my mind

I know that I can slow the thoughts down

I give myself permission to let all those thought go

I know that as my mind slows down I will relax

I don’t need all those thoughts right now

I am focused here


3) Dealing with feelings of guilt for not doing the tasks that are at hand

This is so much to get done

I am so far behind

Every time I catch up some new problem erupts

I don't have time to do this tapping

I don't have time to take care of myself

I should be working on my to do list

I should be making dinner, cleaning the house, getting work done, working out

But I choose to know that I need to take care of myself

I know that if I don’t take care of my self I will get sick and won't be able to get done what I need to get done

I give myself permission to take time for myself

I deserve to take some time for myself

I know that when I take care of myself I am a happier more efficient person


You can do each of these by them selves or you can just run through all three sets without stopping. The goal of this tapping is to get your self into the mindset that will allow you to take the time you need to tap, guilt free.

If after doing all these phrases you are still unsettled and not focused, just tap through the phases again.
Learn EFT | Submit a question

No comments: